Thursday, April 01, 2010

RVs on old roads ?



Hi Jamie,

What a fantastic website! I’m awaiting your book’s arrival from Amazon.

Since I was a spotty 13 year old I’ve dreamed of getting a Winnebago and travelling around the USA for a month. (my dream originally included Michael J Fox, but, I guess the hubby and kids will do!).

Just wondering if the roads you are suggesting are OK for a 30ft motor home?

Having a dream is well and good, but if you can’t actually get anywhere, it’s not that practical!

Many thanks,

Sarah from Yorkshire


===>>>

Dear Sarah --

Many thanks to you for writing in to Road Trip USA -- I hope I can do a little something to help you make your long-dreamt-of trip a great success...

With only a couple of possible exceptions, all the roads I recommend in Road Trip USA are fine for RVs -- the only small print might be in New England, where a couple of my detours involve crossing over 300-year-old covered bridges.

And all the roads in Road Trip USA are wide and well maintained, too -- even though they are officially "secondary" roads, almost all of them way bigger than any UK "B Roads" for sure -- but they are more scenic and enjoyable to explore than the mainline US freeways, aka Interstates.

Hope by now you have got your hands on my book, and if you have any further travel questions, please feel free to write me again.

Happy Trails,


Jamie Jensen
---
Road Trip USA

===>>>>>>

PS: The picture above is a mini-RV I saw parked along the Loneliest Road in Nevada. Sleeps 2, and gets 25 mpg! (Actually, I doubt it even moves...)

:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home