Thursday, April 28, 2011

Best Truck Stops? for TV show!



Hi Jamie,

I am a television producer researching a show idea. Specifically I am looking for a truck stop with character. As the Pilots and Flying Js of the world have modernized truck stops and turned them into mega-plazas, the old fashioned truck stop is becoming a dying breed. I was wondering if you had run across any memorable truck stops in your travels?

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

Shelley
Writer/Producer for ?? Media

>>

Hi Shelley --

I have been searching for the same thing! There used to be great truck stops, all over the country, full of Humphrey Bogart types straight out of "They Drive by Night" (my all-time favorite B Movie!)

About the only real cool truck stop I can think is way up in Wells River, Vermont -- it's called the P&H, but it has lost some character since they replaced the classic 1960s "big rig" wallpaper with something dull and flocked. The food is still pretty good, though.

Doubt that helps, and sorry it took me a while to get back to you -- but like good local radio stations, good truck stops are rare birds indeed.

Good luck, and thanks for thinking of me and my Road Trip USA world.

Happy Trails,



Jamie Jensen
---
Road Trip USA

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home