Monday, January 23, 2012

Camper Van for Rent - Chicago / NYC to Las Vegas Road Trip


Hi,

Me and my partner are travelling to North America Next September.

We are trying to find a Van hire/small motor home to cross from New York or Chicago to Las Vegas but can not find anything basic.

Can you please advise companies to look into that do basic van hire?

Also, please advise the route you would most recommend if driving across America?

Kind Regards

Anna

==

Hi Anna --

Thanks for writing in to Road Trip USA. Hope I can help you!

The smallest camper-type vehicle you can easily rent in most of the US is pretty big -- and these' sorts of "RV" rentals costs around $1000 a week.

The one place I've seen smaller vehicles for rent is in California -- where Lost Campers has smaller, less expensive campers.

But these have to start / finish in SF or LA, so may not be much use to you.

And for the best route, from NY / Chicago to Las Vegas, a natural choice would be the classic Route 66, which shows up on most maps as I-40 / I-44. I cover this trip pretty fully in my books and online.

Hope this helps,


Jamie Jensen
--
Road Trip USA

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for the wonderful blog. It is indeed informative and useful We are into the same business.
camper Hire brisbane

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home