Thursday, August 19, 2010

Michigan's Upper Peninsula -- US-2 Road Trip



Hello,

My husband and I are planning to drive from Georgia to Montana to see our son in late August. He has made this drive several times and has suggested that instead of crossing the U.S., we should take I-75 to Michigan, then get on US 2 which would take us straight to him. We are retired, so time isn't an issue. What do you think about this route?

Thank you,


Jan and Terry


==

Dear Jan & Terry --

Many thanks for writing in to Road Trip USA, and I am sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

But if there's still time for me to help with your trip, let me just say, YES -- that's a great idea. Make your way north to the Upper Peninsula, and I think you will be amazed at the scenery. Visuallly, it's about as close to Montana as you can get, until you make the drive west. I'd be interested to hear what you think, since I feel Michigan's Upper Peninsula is an under-appreciated wonder of the USA -- it's at least as beautiful, if not quite as full of the "Big Sky" you get out West.

There's also a lot of fun roadside oddities, like Ironwood's giant "Hiawatha" statue, seen above. So, go for it!

Happy Trails,


Jamie Jensen
---
Road Trip USA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home