Sunday, August 01, 2010

Photographic Road Trip - Florida to Ohio, and back


Hi Jamie

My wife and I need to go from Boca Raton FL to near Cleveland Ohio and return. I’m looking for photographic opportunities on the trip. We can take a week going there and another week back (need a few days in Cleveland).

We’d like to take a combination of two lane roads along with the interstate. I was thinking of catching the Mound City area and the Amish country in Ohio on the way to Cleveland (based on what I read in your book) and the Roanoke VA area on the way back. I know this is very vague but we are really flexible and if there is something you think is good, we’ll follow it.

Regards,

Jim


http://jmlphotography.smugmug.com/


===>>

Hi Jim --

Thanks for writing in to Road Trip USA -- sounds like a great trip! Both the "Mound City" and the Shenandoah Valley / Blue Ridge Parkway areas are lovely, so I think you are definitely on the right track.

As far as photogenic landscapes, I really like the Harpers Ferry WV area, west of DC, and the nearby battlefields at Antietam and Gettysburg.

Southern Indiana (especially Madison, along the Ohio River) is also pretty neat, and for me Savannah GA is one of the most visually intriguing places in the country -- nowhere more so than the Bonaventure Cemetery east of town, which was featured in the moody book and film Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.

And there are lots of two-lanes roads in all these places, so you should be alright. Hope these ideas help point you toward some good photos (and if you get some good shots, maybe I can run some in the next edition of my book?).

Please let me know what all you find out there, and thanks again for writing.

With best wishes,


Jamie Jensen
--
Road Trip USA

** On Sale Now **

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home