Sunday, August 01, 2010

Scenic Drive -- with no bridges?



Hi there,

My wife and I love to drive, but I have a fear of bridges and mountain roads with deep drop offs. I could never do the drive up the Pacific Coast Highway nor around the Hoover Dam. Where do I find maps, or how do I get info on where bridges are located. Is there any hope for people like me?

Russ J.


===>>>

Hello Russ --

Thank you for writing in to Road Trip USA. Unfortunately, I have never seen a guide or map that highlights vertigo-inducing highways -- though in my experience fear of bridges would unfortunately rule out most of what counts as scenic drives.

The one great drive I know of that doesn't involve many cliffs or canyons is the "Loneliest Road" across the Nevada desert, following US50 in the footsteps and hoof-prints of the historic Pony Express. This drive does go up and over and number of mountain ranges, and while the scenery is pretty, I don't recall many bridges or sudden drop-offs.

I don't know if this helps, but I hope you find some suitable roads out there.

Happy Trails,


Jamie Jensen
--
Road Trip USA

===>>>

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home