Wednesday, June 02, 2010

RVs on old roads -- Pacific Northwest ?



Hi,

I am currently traveling route 2 from St Ignace, Mi to Spokane and am writing this from Minot.

My question is does your book deal with the challenges of driving a big rig (large motor home) through these areas?

Weight limits
Clearance horizontal and vertical
Steep grades and sharp curves
Fuel availability
Suitable campgrounds

If so I will buy it.
If not you might want to consider an edition that does. As far as I know there isn’t anything like that.

Thanks,

John


====>>>>>

Hi John --

Thank you for your note -- for me writing back within an hour, this is the quickest reply I've ever managed! But I have to admit I don't really cover all the info you are interested in -- RV clearance limits etc -- though I do stress these in places where there are unusual rules (like width and weight limits on covered bridges in New England, for example.)

It is already a challenge for me to fit in all the info I do cover -- 900 pages detailing 40,000 miles of mostly two-lane tours across America. So I have left clearance & weight etc details to others who can cover it better -- I usually buy the big Rand McNally trucker's road atlas, which has a lot of that info (except the campgrounds, probably..)

One place I do cover that sort of info in Road Trip USA is on the Going-to-the-Sun Road in gorgeous Glacier National Park -- where there is a length limit of 21 feet (inc trailers)

Sorry to lose a potential sale of my book, but better that, than to have a disappointed reader!

Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip,



Jamie Jensen
---
Road Trip USA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home