Tuesday, October 11, 2011

1950s USA -- UK Nurses on a Road Trip -- new book!




Hi Jamie

Have just been reading about your books and they sound great, and also love the website. I'm a Brit and in UK but love America and have done quite a bit of travelling there. I think a road trip beckons!

I just wanted to share with you the tale of my own book, which might interest you due to its subject matter. My mother, Gwenda, now in her 70s, spent 18 months on the road in 1950s USA in an old banger with four fellow nurses. The women - four British and one Irish - met while working in Cleveland, Ohio, and after a year there set off in Gwenda's 1949 Ford to work their way round the rest of the country, having all sorts of adventures on the way.

The book, which I wrote using Gwenda's letters home to her parents, was published in the UK earlier this year as 'Bedpans and Bobby Socks: Five British Nurses on the US Road Trip of a Lifetime'.



Best wishes

Barbara Fox

==>>


Hello Barbara Fox --

Many thanks for getting in touch, and for telling me about your Mom's adventures and your book. I've added it to my wish list, so when I get myself a Kindle I'll give it a read. I'll also put a link on my blog

I suspect Hollywood will be wanting the film rights to your tales -- have you dreamt up a cast list?

:-)

I am married to a Yorkshire lass and have spent a number of years living in England, so am particularly interested in the stories.

Thanks for letting me know!

With best wishes,


Jamie Jensen
--
Road Trip USA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home